Monday 23 May 2011

Old School Type Poster

I picked up a copy of Computer Arts Projects the other day and low and behold it was the 150th issue and it was celebrating typefaces.  In this specific issue of CAP you got a disc (as usual), and on this disc was 150 fonts and Computer Arts Projects 150 fonts you cannot live without, which is fantastic.

I was reading through and came across a tutorial which was to design a classic Serif poster I was interested so tonight thats exactly what I did, using the typeface 'Baskerville' I let rip in Illustrator and this is what I came up with.  The poster was made up of using a Serif font and one of your favourite quotes, not knowing that many quotes off by heart I hit our dear friend Google and found this Albert Einstein quote that caught my eye.


Baskerville Old School Type Poster


I quite like this, the only thing that puts me off is the 'A' between Made and Mistake it just doesn't seem to fit properly.  

I would advise anybody interested in Typography to go and get this magazine (even though it is a ridiculous £7.50), did I mention the price of fonts on the disc comes to £450?

Cheers folks

JT

No comments:

Post a Comment