Friday 20 May 2011

How to Be Nang!!

This year at Sunny Wolverhampton University I attempted my first ever Magazine Spread.  Ever.

The spread was for a magazine article called 'How To Be Nang'.  I found the article in The Times newspaper in 2006 by Ross Anderson.  The Inspiration from one of my boys from London, James Luisis and his brother Andrew (West Ham fan).

I tried to make the spread to look 'urban' and something that would be considered to be 'down with the kids'.

As far as magazine spreads go I think this is 'OK' for a first attempt, I think it's safe to say that as a creative magazine spreads are not my strong point but you know what they say.  Practise makes perfect.

I chose a bright yellow due to the simple fact that the colour is eye-catching and keeps your interest.  The two typefaces I have used are 'hit the road' and 'Baskerville' which work quite nicely together, Hit the Road is an Bold typeface where Baskerville is easy on the eye.




Opening Spread for 'How To Be Nang'

Spread 2

Spread 3

Thanks for reading

JT

1 comment: